Thursday, July 21, 2022 / by Brittany Aspenson
Home Improvements That Give Great Returns
Want to put your home on the market? Do these upgrades first.
“What improvements or changes do I have to make to my home before listing?” This is one of the questions that I often hear from would-be sellers. Here's the good news—a house does not need to be completely renovated to sell. In a quickly changing market, home improvements that take too much time could only cost you more. To help you sell fast and for top dollar, I'll share a few home upgrades that won't take a lot of time and money:
1. Flooring. Wood refinishing or changing old carpets can give great returns. I know companies that do it for a reasonable rate.
2. Get new lighting.
3. Give your home a fresh coat of paint.
4. Improve your curb appeal. Since it's the first thing buyers will see, your property's curb appeal can leave a long-lasting impression.
5. Do some general maintenance. This will make your home appear well cared for even if it's not updated.
6. Complete old projects.
7. Make some simple DIY home improvements.
9. Tend to the specific needs of your home.
Keep these projects in mind when renovating your property. If you'd like more specific information on how you can prepare your home for the market, don't hesitate to call or email me. I'll be happy to help!