Thursday, July 21, 2022 / by Brittany Aspenson
Want to put your home on the market? Do these upgrades first.
“What improvements or changes do I have to make to my home before listing?” This is one of the questions that I often hear from would-be sellers. Here's the good news—a house does not need to be completely renovated to sell. In a quickly changing market, home improvements that take too much time could only cost you more. To help you sell fast and for top dollar, I'll share a few home upgrades that won't take a lot of time and money:
1. Flooring. Wood refinishing or changing old carpets can give great returns. I know companies that do it for a reasonable rate.
2. Get new lighting.
3. Give your home a fresh coat of paint.
4. Improve your curb appeal. Since it's the first thing buyers will see, your property's curb appeal can leave a long-lasting impression.
5. Do some general maintenance. This will make your home appear well cared for even if it's not updated.
6. Complete old projects. ...
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 / by Brittany Aspenson
Four tips to help you time your move in our real estate market.
When is the best time to enter the real estate market? I receive many questions about this from people considering buying or selling a home. Sometimes people need to move for financial or personal reasons, which will trump any market conditions at the time. However, if you’re able to time your move, here are four things to think about that may help you decide when the best time is:
1. Market timing. There are three different types of markets: a seller’s market, a buyer’s market, and a balanced market. We’re rarely in a balanced market, and when we are, it’s not for long. As you likely know, we’re currently in an extremely strong seller’s market.
If you’re looking to buy, you’ll have to decide if you should do so in a seller’s market. If you need to sell and buy, you’re participating in both sides of the market, so it essentially comes out even. If. ...
Monday, January 24, 2022 / by Brittany Aspenson
We know the idea of buying another home when you have a home to sell can feel overwhelming... especially in this low inventory market. We want to share some exciting news with you that we have financing tools that are not only effective, but convenient!
Our Home Swap option provides homeowners who qualify (and MANY do!) the ability to buy their next home without their current home being sold yet. Our Refresh program offers cash assistance to help if your current home needs work prior to listing. And we also can facilitate a CASH OFFER for those looking to make the process super simple! Finally, our Multiple Offer Strategy will ensure selling at the highest price in this Seller's Market.
These options help alleviate the fear and challenge of listing your home then trying to compete for the next, all within a designated time frame. You can't go wrong! It's an amazing opportunity if you are looking to MOVE and take advantage of historically low interest rates.
In this market, it ...
Thursday, January 20, 2022 / by Client Care Coordinator
The 4 Reasons to Sell your house in the Winter are simple.
1. Supply - There are fewer sellers willing to sell their home during the cold weather months, so you have less competition. The highest influx of your competition generally runs from February through July, so smart home sellers list when competition is low.
2. Less Work for You! - Properly preparing your home for sale requires a lot of work up front. During the peak real estate season, your first impression is the curb appeal and font yard. During the Winter, there is much less to prepare and maintain. While it's still important to give your home nice curb appeal in all seasons, there will be no landscaping or lawn care to worry about.
3. Serious Buyers! - Spring and Summer buyer's include many "Window Shoppers", which means you must leave your home for every showing and open house. That is the biggest inconvenience to sellers while their home is for sale. During t. ...
Thursday, December 30, 2021 / by Client Care Coordinator
Let’s face it, moving is stressful. That’s why we’ve created an epic moving checklist to help you stay on track. With some direction and this 8-week printable moving checklist for your upcoming move, you’ll be sure to have everything done between now and the big day, leaving you plenty of time to celebrate.
8 weeks before you move checklist:
It’s important for you to plan for every aspect of your move. The good news? We’ve got you covered. We won’t lie — there’s a lot to do to prepare. Yet, you’ll be thankful you started early and had this epic moving checklist to ensure you stay on top of your to-do list.
1. Create a digital “moving” folder on Google Drive or Dropbox. Take pictures with your phone of quotes, receipts, and records related to your move and store them in an online storage system such as Google Drive or Dropbox. You’re not going to be able to remember all of the details, so throw ...